THE GARDEN IS NOW OPEN, 7 DAYS A WEEK.
There will be special Covid 19 Regulations for Garden Visits for your safety, other visitors and the garden staff.
Special Covid 19 Regulations for Garden Visits for your safety, other visitors and the garden staff.
- Clearly, only visit if you are confident that you don’t have the virus and must not visit if you have been instructed to self-isolate.
- The maximum number of visitors is determined by cars in the car park. Booking is not required
- There is a ‘one-way system’ in the garden and the entrance has been moved – see signs after parking.
- Always remember social distancing – think 3 or 4 metres is best. As a result, we not able to give you our special personal welcome.
- Nursery is only open to Garden visitors. Children must stay close the parents/guardians at all times. There is a large pond in the Garden. Remember paths, etc. can be slippery.
- Adult entry is £5. Children free. Dogs on short lead allowed. Tea room closed, so bring your own refreshments. Toilet open.
- The Tea Hut and reference library is closed. However, the outside seating has been moved to various locations around the garden for you to enjoy your own refreshments. Please take away all items you bring.
- Remember paths, etc. can be slippery and there is a large pond in the Garden.
- Regulations encourage toilet to be closed where no on-site refreshments are available. However, ours is open for use with special safeguarding procedures.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays, mainly afternoons, are still maintenance days, and can be less peaceful, so best to avoid if you can.
An intimate 3 acre award-winning cottage style garden and specialist plant nursery nestled in a secluded hidden valley in Cornwall. There are 26 identified beds and borders that are full of colour from early season to late autumn. It is a wonderfully peaceful place to sit and dream amongst the borders/beds set with herbaceous perennials, shrubs and grasses, and collections of Crocosmia, Agapanthus and Dahlias. There is a pond area with wildlife and bog planting, and a shady Fernery, also Japanese and Mediterranean areas and Iris Bed. Many more unusual plants. Well labelled garden and free Garden Guide.
From 2019 we are a Royal Society of Horticulture (RHS) Partner Garden
Directions: From A390 between St Austell and Lostwithiel, turn onto the B3269 towards Fowey, then right after 200 yards following the signs for 2 miles.