THE GARDEN is now closed, opens for 2024 SEASON on 20th March.
- Clearly, only visit if you are confident that you don’t have the virus and must not visit if you have been instructed to self-isolate.
- Children should stay close the parents/guardians at all times. There is a pond & well & other child risks in the Garden.
- Remember paths, etc. can be slippery.
- Adult entry is £7.50. Payment is at end of your visit along with any plant purchases, refreshments, etc. Preferred Payment is by card.
- Children free. Dogs on short lead allowed. Self service tea room is open. Toilet is open.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays are still maintenance days, and, for part of day, it may be less peaceful.
Hidden Valley Gardens is an intimate 3 acre award-winning cottage style garden and specialist plant nursery nestled in a secluded hidden valley in Cornwall. There are 26 identified beds and borders that are full of colour from early season to late autumn. It is a wonderfully peaceful place to sit and dream amongst the borders/beds set with herbaceous perennials, shrubs and grasses, and collections of Crocosmia, Agapanthus and Dahlias. There is a pond area with wildlife and bog planting, and a shady Fernery, also Japanese and Mediterranean areas and Iris Bed. Many more unusual plants. Well labelled garden and free Garden Guide.
Directions: From A390 between St Austell and Lostwithiel, turn onto the B3269 towards Fowey, then right after 200 yards following the signs for 2 miles. Satnavs can lead you astray. Best to use Google Maps. Last part of approach is down narrow lane with some passing places. There is usually a passing place between you and any vehicle coming in the opposite direction, but there is a possibility that you may need to back-up to a passing place behind you. Do not use sat. nav. which can lead you astray.